European Polypropylene Film Market Trends to 2017
PCI Films Consulting Ltd’s authoritative report outlines the factors affecting capacity, production and demand in the European BOPP and CPP films market.
With forecasts to 2017, it provides valuable strategic insights into how the future PP film market might look in five years’ time with a focus on the expected changes in industry structure, leading suppliers and markets.
- Gaining a detailed industry understanding
- Identifying key growth markets
- Securing long term supplies of PP films
- Strategic business & investment planning
- European PP film consumption reached almost 1.6 million tonnes in 2012, with growth having averaged 1% per annum since 2007, despite declines in West European BOPP film consumption.
- Western Europe accounts for around three quarters of total PP film consumption in Europe, although strong East European growth is expected to reduce this proportion in the coming years.
- European PP film production declined during 2012 as declines in BOPP film production offset growth in CPP film production during the year.
- BOPP film consumption remains dominant in the European PP film market, although CPP film consumption has been increasing at an accelerated rate over the past five years, albeit from a lower base.
PCI Films Consulting has built up a large database of market and competitive information on world oriented film markets through our quarterly business reports and associated multi-client studies. These publications have attracted a wide readership throughout the whole of the film extrusion and flexible packaging supply chain, including suppliers of resins and substrates, inks, adhesives and varnishes, converting machinery, flexible packaging converters and end-user producers.
Recent industry developments concerning fluctuation in consumption and production has led to some uncertainty within the European PP film supply chain.
As a result, PCI Films Consulting has looked closely at the European BOPP and CPP film markets, to establish how recent developments will impact on future supply.
Based on an extensive series of personal and telephone interviews conducted with leading BOPP and CPP film producers in Europe as well as a number of converters, laminators, coaters, and major end users, this report provides a detailed statistical analysis and commentary for the European polypropylene film market.
Who is it for?
Suppliers of polypropylene raw materials (PP resin); film extrusion equipment suppliers; manufacturers of BOPP and CPP films and their competitors; and players in key end use markets.
The report also provides useful insights for financial institutions looking for investment opportunities in the polypropylene film industry.
What does it provide?
Detailed volume statistics and analysis for the historic period 2007 to 2012 and expert forecasts to 2017, with:
- Market volume statistics of demand, historic and forecast
- Detailed reviews of capacity, production and demand by substrate and by country
- Polypropylene film manufacturing processes
- PP film producer profiles
- An historic review of the supply / demand balance for BOPP and CPP films and a forecast to 2017
Why buy it?
This report is essential reading for anyone wanting a detailed understanding of the European polypropylene film industry, especially those wanting to understand key growth markets and new investment opportunities as well as buyers looking to secure long term supplies of polypropylene films.
How much does it cost?
2. EUROPEAN PP FILM MARKET
2.1. European Regional Overview
2.2. European Capacity, Production & Trade
2.3. Top 20 European PP Film Producers
2.4. European PP Film Demand
2.5. European PP Film Future Prospects
3. WEST EUROPEAN PP FILM MARKET
3.1. West European Regional Overview
3.2. West European PP Film Capacity, Production & Trade
3.3. West European PP Film Demand
3.3.1. By Film Type
3.3.2. By End Use
3.4. West European Country Profiles
3.4.5. Nordic Countries
3.4.8. UK & Ireland
3.4.9. Other Western Europe
3.5. West European Summary and Forecasts
4. EAST EUROPEAN PP FILM MARKET
4.1. East European Regional Overview
4.2. East European PP Film Capacity, Production & Trade
4.3. East European PP Film Demand
4.3.1. By Film Type
4.3.2. By End Use
4.4. East European Country Profiles
4.4.1. Czech Republic
4.4.4. Slovak Republic
4.4.6. Other Eastern Europe
4.5. East European Summary and Forecasts
5. SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
5.1. Key European PP Film Market Trends
5.2. Key European PP Film Market Forecasts
Complete the form below to send this page to a colleague.
Call us on +44 (0) 1604 749001 or complete the form below.